Child Size 2.3kg Weighted Blanket - Dinosaur
Child Size Weighted Blankets 2.3kg
Beautiful Soft 100% Cotton Weighted Blanket.
Perfectly sized for a Child's Blanket and weighted at 2.3kg
Measurements 90cms x 122cms.
Gorgeous Dinosaur fabric one side and aqua patterened on the other.
When your child is emotional and upset, sometimes all they need is a big hug, and it turns out there’s a scientific reason why. It all has to do with proprioceptive input, proprioception informs the brain about your position in space, allowing it to relax and unwind. Our weighted blankets have the same effect. Weighted blankets are said to work in the same way a tight swaddle helps newborns feel snug and cozy.
When purchasing a weighted blanket aim for approximately 7-12 % of body weight. Taking into account child's preference re liking heavier or lighter.
Breathable and super soft
Glass beads filling, High density and Eco friendly
Not for use with under 3 years of age.
Signs Your Child May Respond to a Weighted Blanket:
- Loves sleeping or laying under piles of blankets or heavy comforters.
- Enjoys crawling into tight spaces or behind furniture
- Has difficulty (even after a lot of physical activity) relaxing and sitting still
- Likes wearing heavy sweatshirts and sweaters
Signs Your Child May Not Respond to a Weighted Blanket:
- Is tactile defensive (very sensitive to touching different textures)
- Does not like sleeping or laying under blankets
Of course, these lists are not absolute and aren’t guaranteed. If your child is old enough, I’d show them pictures of one online and explain what it is and how it feels. Ask if they think it would help them. Kids are often very tuned into their needs and will give honest answers.